Nancy Leonhardt, Executive Director
Nancy joined ALC in October 2013. She has served in numerous positions in the non-profit arena since 1992 in California, Wisconsin and Arkansas. Nancy holds a BS in Urban and Regional Planning from California Polytechnic State University.
Nancy is a member of the Rotary Club of West Little Rock. She will serve Rotary District 6150 as District Governor in 2017-2018. She lives in Little Rock with her husband, Darrell, of over 30 years and has 2 adult children, Jason and Christy.
Belinda Sanders, Program Director
Belinda Sanders joined Arkansas Literacy Council in 2008 as Program Director. She attended Henderson State University in Arkadelphia. Belinda has a passion for volunteering and for managing volunteers. Her life’s purpose is serving and giving back to others on a daily basis. Belinda is a Certified Volunteer Manager.
A native of Arkadelphia, she now resides in Little Rock. Belinda has been married to her high school sweetheart, Delton, for over thirty-two years. They have two married daughters and one daughter who is enrolled at UCA. Her granddaughter, Aria, keeps her youthful and happy!!
Heather Powell, Training Director
Heather Powell has a history of service to our country and community, most recently serving four years as an Arkansas Reads AmeriCorps Member at Twin Lakes Literacy Council in Baxter County, Arkansas. Heather has also served overseas as a German and Russian linguist in the U.S. Army Military Intelligence. She also worked in education at Aspen Hill Montessori School in Maryland and Learning Unlimited Schools in Ohio. More recently, for six years she owned and operated Buffalo Coffee Company in Mountain Home.
Heather is the mother of two adult children and one adorable granddaughter. She volunteers with the Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission on habitat restoration efforts and with the women’s domestic violence shelter in Mountain Home.
Heather’s enthusiasm for literacy manifests in her own quest to further her education and to encourage others to do the same.
Cicily Tubb-Warbington, Administrative Director
Cicily holds a BA in English and an MA in sociolinguistics with an emphasis on biliteracy learning and second language acquisition. She has taught English, Literacy, and Writing at University of Illinois and private institutes in Illinois, and at UCA since 2004. She is currently a candidate for a doctorate in Higher Education Leadership, with an emphasis on International Student Education.
2015-2016 ALC Board of Directors
- Barbara Hanley, Chair
- Andrew Richards, Vice Chair
- Leslie O’Malley, Secretary
- Karama Neal, PhD, Treasurer
- LaTonya Laird Austin, J.D.
- Jerri Derlikowski
- Miguel Fuentevilla
- Myron Jackson
- ShaRhonda Love
- Jessica DeLoach Sabin
- Carla Sparks
- Jeffery Yarbrough
ALC Board of Directors Ex-Officio Members
- Nancy Leonhardt, Executive Director, Arkansas Literacy Councils
- Trenia Miles, EdD, Deputy Director, AR Department of Career Education Adult Education Division
- Marsha Taylor, Director, AR Adult Learning Resource Center
ALC Member Advisory Committee
- NW Rep – Margot Jackson, Ozark Literacy Council (Washington), Chair
- Central Rep – Sara Drew, Literacy Action of Central Arkansas (Pulaski, Faulkner), Vice Chair
- South Rep – Richard Seymour, Literacy Council of Bowie/Miller Counties (Miller, LaFayette, Little River), Secretary
- NE Rep – Angela Wilburn, Eastern Arkansas Literacy Project (St. Francis and Lee)